The South Carolina Health Care Association is an advocacy group for health care facilities and organizations that provide long-term nursing care throughout the state.
Our mission is to empower our members to help improve their patients’ lives by delivering healing and compassionate care to the state’s most vulnerable population – the elderly, frail and disabled. We do this in a number of ways:
- Helping long-term care facilities throughout the state maintain the high standards the public expects
- Working with state government and business leaders to champion the needs of the long-term care community, including the people served by these organizations
- Educating the general public of the services long-term care companies provide
- Providing members with resources and educational opportunities to enhance their ability to provide quality care
- Seeking solutions to issues facing the long-term care industry
We were organized in 1955 to represent the state’s nursing homes. Today, our members are composed of facilities providing long-term nursing care throughout the state, representing over 18,000 beds.
We are committed to assisting our member facilities in improving the quality of life of their residents and patients.